8.16.2011

Introducing...

We got our PA (pre-approval) today!  And that means the China adoption authority has tentatively approved us to adopt Lian Yingbei.  Now, they will begin to really review our dossier in depth and we will wait for the LOA (letter of acceptance)!

So, without further ado...


Her middle name will be pronounced 'Leigh Ann' (shout out to LAS and LAM!).  Her surname (or last name) is Lian (from the city in which she was found).  But Lian is just part of the city name and doesn't really mean anything.  It'd be like naming your kid Nash (from Nashville).  But we liked the way Lian sounded with Kylie.  I found the greatest website about baby names and meanings.  I typed in Lian to see what I could find and that's when we happened upon Liann.   And we knew we'd found it.

Liann in Hebrew means "God has answered".

Indeed He has.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG adorable!! Congrats!! After a crazy couple of month SO happy for you guys!

Christy (aka out4abit on RQ)

Jenna said...

Love it, and she is precious!!!!

Jennifer said...

Sandra,
I can't even begin to express how happy I am for you and Steve! Kylie is so precious and is blessed to have you as her mamma!

Jerusha said...

Congrats! I had seen an earlier post (through NHBO), and then saw your post on RQ, recognized your screename and came back for your PA post. What a beautiful new daughter!

Joy said...

Congratulations!!!! She is such a cutie pie. I have been following your story on RQ. My husband just said yes to returning for another daughter last Monday and we have decided to use Lifeline this time. When I saw how well they worked with you I did more research on them. We have only started the paperwork so we have a long way to go.

Julie said...

Congrats! She is so sweet. Thanks for letting us follow along.

Kelly said...

Oh my!!! She is beautiful!!!! I love the meaning of Liann. That is our daughter's given name spelled Li'An. We are keeping it as part of her name. They must be special girls:)

I cannot get over how precious she is!!! Praying for a speedy LOA!!!

Kelly

Johanna said...

She is precious!!! We are also adopting a little girl with unrepaired cl/cp!! We are right about at the same stage as you! Congratulations!!! Ok, a couple questions: How do you sell those shirts? They are awesome!
Also, how did you make that precious Pre-adoption announcement?
LOVE IT!!!
May God bless your journey to your baby girl!

Amy said...

Fabulous! So happy for you!!!
amy from RQ

Katelyn Burkhart said...

HOORAY!

Katelyn Burkhart said...

HOORAY!