Atlanta-day 2!

Friday morning, we woke up about 8am (sleeping in for me!), went down for our first yummy breaksfast at the hotel and then headed out for our next 2 adventures.  The plan was to visit the Atlanta aquarium as soon as it opened to hopefully avoid the crowds.  Then later we were going to visit the CNN studios in Atlanta.  Well, we decided the aquarium would probably be more crowded when it first opened, so we parked there and walked the few blocks to CNN.  The weather was nice so it was a good walk.
We didn't spend much time in it, but Olympic Park is right across the street.  I wish we'd worked in time to go there.  Later we saw a little splash park, but it was completely full by that time, so this is all we got...
I didn't think we'd really enjoy CNN too much and considered not even doing it.  Boy, would that have been a mistake!  It was an awesome tour!

On our way back to the aquarium, Nicole called and invited us to lunch.  We've worked together for at least 2 years, maybe more, but I haven't yet met everyone.  I didn't think quick enough to get pictures of my friends, Vicky, Mary Ann, Amy and Teri, but I did get to see Nicole's office and the view from the 15th floor of their building where they are.
We ate at a place called Taco Mac, which of course I didn't get a picture of either.  But it was quite the enjoyable lunch and after, we headed back to the aquarium.  By this time, it was 2pm or so and I figured it would be lots less crowded.  Um. No.  It was so crowded we ended up leaving before we saw everything, but what we saw was pretty cool.

Jenna got to have a caricature drawn of her.  I don't have a picture of it yet, but I'll try and post one shortly.
Once we left the aquarium, we did the thing we had come for...
That little store was packed, but we managed to buy some serious goodies.  Jenna had saved for 6 months for this trip and she basically blew the whole wad there.  But it was her money and she worked hard and enjoyed every minute of it.
And then here's Julie post-shopping trip, prior to dinner...I think she looks pretty stinkin' cute.
We went to dinner at Vinny's which was very good, but very expensive.  It was a late dinner and by the time we got back to the hotel, we were exhausted.  Jenna took a bath while I exercised and by the time I returned to the room, Jenna and Steve were both asleep, but not before taking part in the milk and cookies provided for Jenna and Julie (her AG doll).
And we tried to get some sleep before our last full day in Atlanta.

No comments: