1.18.2012

2011 Year In Review

I know we are more than 2 weeks into 2012, but saw this 2011 recap survey on another blog and thought it might be fun, so...here we go!

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
We sent a dossier to China and got a referral!!!

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I didn't make resolutions this year.  I did decide to just be nicer and love people more.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, my friend Lindsey had a baby right before Christmas.  And my friend Maribeth also had the sweetest baby boy several months ago

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank goodness, NO.  We've had enough death in the past few years to last us a lifetime. 

5. What countries did you visit?
No new countries in 2011, but South Africa in 2010 and CHINA in 2012!!!

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?My baby girl from China?  OK, so probably more patience.  I know better than to ask for it, but I know I'm going to need it with a new baby in the house and still waiting on an answer to Steve's job search.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
August 3, the day we saw Kylie's face for the first time.

8. What was your biggest achievement for the year?
Finishing our dossier and getting it to China in March

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not keeping up with my quiet time with God or with my personal relationship with Christ.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a really bad bout of laryngitis in the fall.  I guess that is about it, thankfully.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hands down, my iPhone!!!!

12. Where did most of your money go?
Ha!  The adoption!

13. What did you get really excited about?Getting the referral for Kylie.  It was so unexpected.  A close runner up was getting our LOA after 144 days

14. What song will always remind you of 2011?How He Loves by the David Crowder Band

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
-Happier or sadder?  Happier!
-Thinner or fatter?  I'd love to say thinner, but no...I'm heavier.
-Richer or poorer? Poorer

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?Enjoyed time with Jenna.  It was her last year of being an only child.

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?Worrying.

18. How did you spend Christmas?Christmas Day morning was the three of us and Christmas Day afternoon with the Taylors.  The evening was spent with Chase.

19. What was your favorite TV program?
Bones

20. What were your favorite books of the year?I guess the latest installment of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series.  Or the Sookie Stackhouse, True Blood.

21. What was your favorite music this year?
Praise and worship mainly.  You can't beat the live music at the Church at Station Hill!

22. What were your favorite films of the year?
I don't EVER get to watch movies in the theatre. 

23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 37 in June.  I went to Memphis for Steve's bowling tournament.  So literally we were driving back from there on my birthday.

24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?Having our LOA soon enough to have Kylie home by her first birthday.

25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?Wha?  I don't have a personal fashion concept.  I never buy new clothes, mainly because I don't have the money.  I'm not a clothes girl.  Sad, I know.

26. What kept you sane?
A great agency.  A supportive husband.  The best friends a girl could ask for.  But above all...a Faithful Father.

27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.God's timing IS perfect even when I don't understand it.  And He loves me and pursues me no matter what.

No comments: