1.30.2012

My Baby Girl is ONE!

Today my precious baby girl turned ONE!
I had so hoped I would have her home with us to celebrate, but that was not God's plan.  Instead, we sent her a birthday care package through the wonderful and awesome Ladybugs n Love.  We sent a little gift of candy and nuts for the caregivers and then we sent her a little toy for her birthday.
We know from her caregivers that she likes toys that move, make noise and light up, so sweet Angela from LNL picked this out.  And guess what?  It moves, plays music and lights up!!  Perfect!  I wish I could see her face when she gets it.

We also ordered a cake.  The money will go to the orphanage who will provide the cake.  Hopefully they will send pictures soon after her birthday so we'll see the cake and her celebration!  We were able to send another letter, which we did and asked only a few final questions about her development.

While we are sad about missing her first birthday, this is her first...and last...birthday without her family!

We are coming baby girl!

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet lil girl! She is so beautiful, and I am so excited for you and your family to be able to bring her home soon!! Such an exciting adventure it has been for you all, and the end is finally near!!
I am honored to be able to follow your story/blog.

Always,
Brigitte