1.02.2012

Welcome 2012!!

Wow...2012...where did 2011 go?  I can hardly believe we have now started another year.  So far, I haven't done much of anything.  Today was my last day of freedom before going back to work tomorrow but I would not call today overly productive, although the long weekend was overall.

We spent a quiet New Year's Eve at home.  I started out being a little depressed about that, but as the day wore on, I started to think how much I didn't want to have to get out and stay up late.  Plus, this is most definitely the last NYE as a family of 3.  We were all in bed when the new year rang in.  Steve was awake and watching it on TV.  Jenna had fallen out about 11pm and I had gone to sleep about that time because my head was hurting and I just needed to shut my eyes.  Steve woke me up to tell me happy new year and I stayed up for a few minutes watching the celebration in NY Times Square. 

Sunday we attended church at 11:00 and then the rest of the weekend has been moderately busy.  I cleaned out my closet (who didn't?), got groceries and pulled the suitcases down from the attic.  Yes, I did.  Make fun of me if you want, but I am my mother's daughter.  I realize we aren't traveling until probably late March, but when you work full time and your weekends are full doing things you don't have time for during the week, you need to plan early.  I remember as a child, my mother would pack for our vacations weeks in advance.  So much so that you'd be wondering where this outfit or that outfit was, only to discover she'd washed it and put it into the suitcases!  But rarely did my mom forget anything and I have learned from the pro.

I haven't actually put anything IN the suitcases, but I have started the packing list.  And as soon as I can, I'll start adding some non-clothing items.

Tonight, I tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest.  It was 3 cheese Chicken Alfredo.  It was good but I need to season it up a little next time.  Doesn't it look good?
All in all, the long weekend was a good one and I'm looking forward to the short week at work to ease back in.  Next week will be long, but then there's another long weekend due to MLK day.  And I gotta be honest, I've never wanted time to pass so quickly!

No comments: