6.10.2008

Home Sweet Home!

I don't know that I've ever been so happy to be home!

I think we finally rolled in about 8:30 last night. We had to stop and meet my sister to get the walkers Steve will need and then at a pharmacy to get his prescriptions filled. Our neighbors, Aimee and Tim were here to greet us and help me carry in all our 'stuff'.

Steve slept better than he did at the hospital, but he just doesn't sleep well on his back and right now, that's his only choice.

We woke up this morning about 7am and checked his blood sugar and things and then he is back down to rest. I had so many things running through my mind that I figured I'd better get up and start writing down everything that has to be done.

I am fighting the desire to list them all here, but suffice it to say, I have a full day/s ahead of me. I have to get both of our FMLA paperwork filled out and some birthday presents bought for Jenna's birthday which is in 5 days! And that's just the beginning. So I'd better get started!

Jenna wants to go to camp today as it's swim day and I think Steve really wants me to take her and get her back in some semblance of a routine. I need to stop by work and get our bills so I can pay them here.

Home health should be calling soon to get us started with home services. I want to stay here until they at least call...but I don't know what will happen.

I just talked to my good friend Rachel and they are enjoying Disney like you wouldn't believe. She said it's hot as heck, but that can't spoil their fun! I can't wait to see their pictures!

OK, off to start my "to-do" list.

S-

No comments: