7 year check-up...

Sorry this update is late. I have had a super-busy weekend. More about that below.

Friday, I took off and one thing I had to do was to take Jenna to her 7 year old check up with 'Dr. Mary'. Due to me being so busy, I hadn't had time to really think of many questions. But all in all, Jenna is perfect (but we already knew this!) She is 45 inches tall and 49 pounds. She is apparently going to be vertically challenged like her mother. Her height in is the 20-25th %ile and weight 50th. At this rate, they estimate she'll be about 5ft. 2in. I'm exactly 5 ft. 2 in.

Her blood pressure, temperature and pulse were all normal. She has 20/15 eyesight in one eye and 20/20 in the other. I'm praying that stays the way it is (unlike her blind mother!). She was not even slightly anemic and they even checked her blood sugar and urine for ketones just to be sure she isn't following in her daddy's footsteps with juvenile diabetes. So far, those are all perfect...thank God. She gave us some samples of Xyzal which is the new allergy medicine. However, after 2 nights, I'm thinking OTC Zyrtec might work just as well. All in all, she's a healthy little girl.

We agreed to allow her to have a friend from school/camp over last night. I don't know what I was thinking but having two girls to take care of (in addition to Steve) is tough! We spent a good part of the afternoon outside with them and then they stayed up late last night. All that would have been fine, but then Gracie woke up in the middle of the night crying and wanting to go home. I managed to talk her in to sleeping until first thing this morning and of course, by then, she wanted to stay. All that to say, I didn't get hardly any sleep last night. We got up early this morning, took Jenna to horseback riding lessons, came back, the girls changed into their bathing suits, went to the rec center to swim a couple hours and then home to change into dry clothes and then to take Gracie to meet her mom. I met the sweet blessing that provided us food tonight at the church after that and then headed home.

Tonight, Rachel and her family invited us over. Rachel treated me to a mani/pedi (the first in I don't know how long!) as an early birthday present. Steve and Jenna hung out with David and Hannah while we relaxed and boy was I relaxed! The next best thing to this is scrapbooking with Rachel! Ahhh...a perfect birthday! I don't know how she does it, but that girl knows how to treat a girl! After our relaxing mani/pedi, we ate grilled out hamburgers at their house. And of course, that too, hit the spot! I love all the meals provided by our friends. It is so helpful, but having a good old-fashioned hamburger on the grill really topped the night off.

However, all good things must come to an end, and this was no exception. We got home in just enough time for me to clean the kitchen, feed the dogs, Jenna get a bath, sort and throw in a load of laundry, fold and put away towels and sit down to blog. I'm about to put in a second load. Tomorrow, Steve wants to try to get to church, so it will be early to rise and tomorrow night, I will finish the laundry and prepare for Monday.

I'm so tired now I can barely keep my eyes open. So I'm not going to try anymore. My allergies really acted up today, so I'm going to sleep well tonight.

I'm still working on my "Things I've learned" post...maybe I can find time to get that up tomorrow.



Pam said...

Hi Sandy! So happy to hear your little girl is perfect (but you are right, we already knew that)! Glad to see you were treated to some relaxation. You deserve it friend!

The Millsaps said...

Happy Birthday Friend!!!