11.26.2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Every Thanksgiving, I go back and forth on whether I want to cook for just the 3 of us knowing we'll be eating at Deanne's at some point.  This year, I decided not to cook since I knew I would regardless next year since it will be Kylie's first Thanksgiving with us.  But a week ago, I changed my mind.  But I decided not to do a full on lunch since we'd be eating just a few hours later.

Wednesday night, Jenna spent the night with some friends and I went ahead and made the pecan pies.
This is my mom's recipe.  That's her handwriting.  I love having all her recipes.  Many of them I don't use, but just seeing her handwriting makes me feel like she is teaching me.
Yum!  I love pecan pie.  It was delish!  I also made my mom's fruit salad recipe which is very easy and both Jenna and Steve like it.  It was the Taylor special request, which makes me feel good!
And then here is the full mini-spread...
This consisted of ham, cornbread, cornbread dressing, fruit salad, sweet potato casserole and macaroni and cheese.  And of course pecan pie for dessert and I tried a new dessert called Penuche.  My boss suggested it.  It's more like a butterscotch fudge.  Oh, so rich, but yummy.  I think Jenna was pleased with the selection.
Even Fred got a little Thanksgiving lunch of his own (the ham bone).  :)
We had dinner with the Taylors and while I took my camera, somehow I didn't get any pictures!  I love spending time with them.  I don't remember life without them now.  It makes me really look forward to Christmas with them!

No comments: