11.11.2011

LOA Update

I wish I had better news to report.  First, let me explain briefly about the process of getting LOA as best as I understand it.  First, your dossier goes to a department in China where it is translated into Chinese.  It stays there for a while, then it goes to "processing" and then it's processed. 

Today, my agency checked on the status and it appears my dossier is still IN TRANSLATION.  Because of my agency transfer, I had an original log in date of 3/31/2011 therefore my dossier should already have been translated when it reached LOA stage.  So why it shows as still in translation I don't know.

My agency contact was VERY sorry, understanding and concerned and they are doing everything they can to find out whether it's just a status error and it's really in processing or if it really is "lost in translation".  They will request it to be expedited if possible, but honestly, they can only do so much and I recognize that.  Not to mention that it's already the weekend in China, so there will be no quick answers for me until next week.

So.  95 days and counting with absolutely no end in sight.  I appreciate your prayers and concern and all that and you all will be the first to know when I find something out.  Until then, I don't really want to discuss it.  I know it's all in God's timing.  I just really need to NOT talk about it.

I covet your prayers though.  I couldn't do this without you.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Praying that what we are not talking about comes soon!

Christy said...

Praying. I'll just leave it at that! =)