11.21.2011

Exciting News!

I wish our exciting news was that we'd received LOA, but it's not.  But it is great news in terms of our adoption.

A few weeks ago, I received an email from my friend Susie about a new program at our local Lipscomb University.  They have recently launched a wonderful new program to try and help adoptive families.  Susie sent me the link as soon as she received it and then I applied that night.

Late last night we received notification that we have been selected as one of the first families to take part in this awesome program!

How it works is that we are assigned a Lipscomb basketball game.  In the days leading up to the game, we work hard to invite as many friends and family as we can to show up and support Lipscomb.  And then we get ALL TICKET PROCEEDS for our adoption!  I know!  How cool is that???  ALL TICKET PROCEEDS!  (it's worth saying again).

And so for all you locals, I'm about to be the most annoying fundraising friend you have (and may not have after this is all said and done), but rest assured, as soon as we get Kylie home, I will spend the rest of my life buying wrapping paper, popcorn, girl scout cookies, cookie dough, magazines etc. trying to pay it forward.  In the next few days, you'll be invited to a Facebook Event, receive an Evite or get an email from me.  I know money is tight, it is for us too, but what better way to support an adoptive friend and have fun family night out? 

And let me be honest, it's crunch time for us.  We are coming down to the last few months and we still have a long way to go.  I need more iPad sales just to be able to purchase the iPad.  I have over 100 t-shirts left to sell.  We have this exciting night and one more exciting thing coming up (more on that later this week!).  I try not to think too much about it, but we really have a long way to go and not a long time to get there, so let's DO this!  Here are the deets...please read all the way through and email me if you have questions (email, FB event and Evite to follow):

Date:  Tuesday, December 6*
Game Time:  6:30pm
Opponent:  UT Martin
Location:  Allen Arena on the Lipscomb University Campus
Tickets:  $7 for adults (general admission), $5 for kids (general admission).  $12 and $5 respectively for reserved seats...the better seats you buy, the more money we raise to bring Kylie home.  I am confirming you can buy tickets online or at the box office that evening.

They'll be some publications from Lipscomb as well promoting this and I'll link those as soon as they are available.  But if there is any way you can attend this game and support us, we would appreciate it.  I'm especially counting on my Nashville friends for this one.

*Especially for my Station Hill friends:  I am aware there is a baby shower planned on this exact date for another adoptive family in our church.  Steve and I would NEVER wish to take away from this precious family.  I have spoken with this family to let them know of the conflict.  If you are attending the shower, that means your husband and children are going to be sitting at home with nothing to do.  So, send them on to Nashville and you can support two adoptive families, both bringing home children from China!

3 comments:

Julie said...

What a great fundraiser! Too bad we don't live closer or we'd be there :)

Rushton Waltchack said...

Very cool sandra! Small world but derek went to jr high and high school at lipscomb! Hope there is a great turn out! ~Rushton

Christy said...

What a cool fundraiser! Wish we were closer. I will definitely be telling my parents and sister!