11.29.2011

Sips N Strokes

Last Tuesday, I went with a couple friends, Jill and Elizabeth to a place called Sips n Strokes.  It's a place where you can create a painting step by step with an instructor.  This class was super full, but I truly had a blast.  So, here's the beginning...
Any ideas about what this is or is gonna be?  Yeah, you might can tell with the pencil drawing, but I promise, it doesn't look anything like it does in the end.
Ah yes.  It looks a little more like a tree now.  At some point, you have to stop going over and over it and just let it be.  Perfectionists need not apply.
There we go...a little color to the tree....and here is Jill working hard on her masterpiece...

And here's my final painting.  I will tell you, it looks way better in this picture than it does in real life.
And then, here we all are...with our tree pictures.  I really had a great time and it was nice to be out with girlfriends.  I have really grown to know and love these girls and their families over the last few months.  You are going to be seeing more of them in future posts.  :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great job! It looks awesome! How fun!

Lillie Family said...

Is it called sip and strokes b/c you can drink wine while you paint?! That sounds awesome!!