6.04.2009

Update on...stuff...and BOOK WINNERS!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. To be honest, there was not news to post.

Daddy is still hanging on. The nurse from hospice yesterday said she didn't understand how he was still here. We had a big scare today thinking that "this is it" and Steve even left work to head over to the house. But at the last minute, he rallied and now is breathing a little better. I don't think anyone thinks he is going to really get better...it's just all on God's timing. It's very hard for Bertie and I to let go control...which is ironic because it's not like we have control anyway!

So many of you have left happy thoughts remembering stories about Daddy and that is comforting to me. I appreciate all your well wishes and thoughts here, in email and on Facebook. I owe several of you emails and I will get to them. I have had a hard time focusing at work this week and so I feel that I haven't gotten as much done as I should have. I promise I will respond to you when I can.

On a much happier note, we got another letter from Chase today! YAHOO!! It was short, but he said he was fine and that he has kind of gotten used to the yelling. He is trying to fly low under the radar and stay out of trouble by doing what he's told and so far so good. He did say to write as many letters as we could because they are like "gold" there. He even sent Jenna her own letter in response to her letter and drawing to him. She was STOKED! I'm not sure who was more excited to hear from him, me or her! I have sent letters every day since the day we got his address. I'm thinking about addressing and stamping envelopes to carry with me so if you see me ask about those and I'll have one ready for you to make it easy for you to send letters. I already told him that several of my friends and family are going to send notes, so he should not be surprised if he gets something from someone he doesn't know!

OK, and lastly, I am overdue (again!) to draw winners for the Night Watchman book. The two lucky ladies are Christy and Teresa! You see them winning alot because they always enter. You can't win if you don't enter. You don't have to know me to enter my contests, so bring it on! I'm also drawing for Saints in Limbo this week and then I just finished another book for next week...after that, I'll be on hiatus for a while, so get 'em while you can!

Teresa and Christy-you've both entered the Saints in Limbo giveaway, so I'll email you about getting your books to you after we see if either of you win more!

No comments: