6.28.2009

Training Day 1

Steve has officially started his training! He got up this morning and went to church, then grabbed lunch and training started at 1pm. He called me while on break and said that they were going over some information and there was "a lot". There is another classmate who is close to his age and from Louisiana, so that is pretty neat. It is a small class and that is a good thing.

We did find out that he needed our camcorder which he did NOT take. So, he's going to Wal-Mart tonight to determine whether it's more economical for him to buy a cheap one or me to overnight and insure ours. You can get them for less than $150 these days.

And I know you are all wondering what kind of dog he has and its name etc. They won't meet their service dogs until tomorrow after lunch. As soon as I know something, I will post here.

What have Jenna and I done so far? Yesterday morning, we spent about 3 hours at the pool with our friends Wendy, Abby and Katelyn. That was fun but H-O-T! Katelyn came back to the house and spent some time with us and then it was ready to get cleaned up for our girls' night out. Rachel and I went to see Legally Blonde and Hannah and Jenna played together until we got home, which was close to midnight.

We went home and slept until about 7:30 (which was not nearly enough rest) and then we talked to Steve before he left for church. I got up and fixed us breakfast and then cleaned up the kitchen. We got caught up on our thank you notes from the funeral and JG's birthday, read some books and watched some TV. We finally got dressed and went out for some lunch at Burger King (JG's choice).

I got all the laundry done, folded and put away and baked some banana bread. Then I surfed the net for some living room furniture. Now I'm about to get ready for church.

Tomorrow starts a pretty busy week...I'll be doing drop off and pick up duty alone and that's stressful. JG is going to spend the night with her BFF one night this week, so I'm sure I'll find myself with LOTS of time on my hands.

I'll update when I know more about how Steve is progressing.

No comments: