We haven't started Christmas decorating at our house yet, but it's not for lack of desire. We'll hopefully get to it this weekend. The looong weekend, praise Jesus!
Until then, I saw this on a blog I read frequently and I thought it would be a good way to usher in the season.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? HOT CHOCOLATE!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Well up until JG started noticing that Santa used the same wrapping paper as us, they were wrapped. Now they are mostly unwrapped because I'm too lazy and busy to try and figure out different wrapping paper.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I think we prefer white on the house and tree. But we have gone back and forth over the years.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. Never. Don't need it.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Thanksgiving weekend. If I don't get it done while I'm off work, it might NEVER get done.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I'm a huge fan of the appetizer/finger food. I do like sausage balls.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Christmas Eve with my family and waking up Christmas morning.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 3rd grade. Jamie Daniel. He was the first one to put the thought in my mind and the light bulb just went off. I never told my parents I didn't believe, but somewhere along the way they figured it out.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Every Christmas as a child and I've carried that tradition on. Usually JG opens up PJs on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With lots of frustration. One day I'm going to have the perfect tree and a bunch of perfect ornaments to make the process easier.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it as long as I don't have to drive in it. And even then, it's OK as long as I can come home and play in it like a kid.
12. Can you ice skate? That depends on your definition. I try not to.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One year in my early teenage years, I asked for a Nintendo and a leather jacket....knowing I would only get one "expensive" gift. Somehow both ended up under the tree. It was a banner year.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Trying to teach my daughter about the REAL reason for the season.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hmmm...chocolate something. Maybe homemade chocolate covered cherries. Oh, but I do love my chocolate chip cheese ball
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending Christmas Eve with the Millsaps. I know one day, they might actually have to spend it with their own family, but for now, it sure does fill a void for me.
17. What tops your tree? Usually a star. I don't mean to sound sacreligious but I really am not a huge angel-atop-the-tree fan.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both. I mean, who doesn't love to receive gifts? I especially like it when it's something homemade from Jenna or something that Steve thought of himself (without having me put it on a list). But there is NOTHING like giving someone else THE gift.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night.
20. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Depends, but usually yum.
21 Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Christmas just wouldn't be complete without it. And then tied for first is Love Actually. I watch this movie while I wrap presents and it makes that chore all the more enjoyable.
22. Saddest Christmas Song? Mary Did You Know.
OK, your turn!