11.22.2010

What do these things have in common?

This past weekend, part of what I wanted to do was work on the spare bedroom to prepare for our little girl.  I know it's going to be a pretty good while before she comes home, but I'd just feel better if the room was ready because until it is, my house is going to be a wreck.  We are rearranging everything and so things are just sitting everywhere and I can't stand the chaos.

We painted the room kind of a mint green about a year or so ago when we turned it into my scrapbook room.  We have no interest in repainting so soon, so I thought maybe adding some pink would be perfect.

This is what the scrapbook room looked like once upon a time.


I have located a sweet woman to make me a valance and blind for the one window in the room.  So Saturday, we made a trip to Joanns to see if we could find some fabric for the curtain.  I couldn't find what I wanted with a green in it that matched the wall.  It took me forever to find something I liked, but here's what I came up with.
The cupcakes will be the valance and the green will be the shade cover below it.  I know it's hard to imagine, but I'll be sure to post the finished product.

Anyway, we wanted to spice the room up, so we decided to paint a pink stripe around the middle of the room.  And so we needed the fabric to be able to match the stripe color to a color in it.  Well, when we got to Lowe's and they weren't able to use the fabric to match the paint because the pink in the cupcake was too small for the sensor eye to read.  We checked every paint swatch in Lowes and just couldn't find the exact one.

As we are standing there debating on what to do, Jenna wonders aloud whether "that plant" would match.  We turn around and sure enough, there's a pink flowering plant for sale right behind us.  I plucked one of the droopy petals and I could hardly believe my eyes, but it was a PERFECT match. 

We got the room cleaned up and the stripe all taped out.  Here's the "during" picture...

We have to paint the stripe still, but I'm praying that it doesn't end up looking more like a racing stripe than what I have envisioned.  I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Christy said...

OOOOOO, just thought of the cutest thing to make for her when she arrives! I just met another lady today who just finished her home study for adopting a boy from Honduras. She was saying their wait time would probably be two to four years! Praying for all those babies who are waiting for their forever families!