11.09.2010

The Golden Letter

Just wanted to let everyone know who has been following the crazy drama of getting the last doctor's letter complete...WE GOT THE LETTER TODAY!  I sent a fax to them yesterday basically begging them to get it done this week.  I guess the staff had mercy on me because she sent it downstairs last night to be notarized.

I picked it up at lunch today and sent it on to the agency and it was accepted.  So what does this mean?  We have all of the items for our home study to be completed and finalized.  Because this was the very last thing we were lacking for the home study, the agency was kind enough to go ahead and start reviewing it.  So, now that the back up is in, I am guessing it won't be long before the report is issued and notarized. 

From there, we can file for our USCIS application (which can take up to 2 months to get an appointment etc.) and then go through the certification process of all our documents.  I'll post again when I get final notification that the home study is complete. 

But today, we celebrate another step!

Oh, and stay tuned...especially if you'd like to win an iPad.  :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

Hooray! I am so excited for you guys! Praying Steve is feeling well and you are not running yourself ragged trying to be all things to all people! Tonight I read one of my favorite "adoption" stories to the kids for bedtime and then spent some precious time in prayer for you. Have a great day!