11.28.2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

At the time of this post, we have not yet completed our Christmas decorating, but we are getting there.  As for our new tree, it started out looking a little rugged, but it only needed a little shaping. 


Then yesterday we went out to take advantage of some of the good deals for our new tree.  Kirklands has just opened in our area and we found this sweet deal which might be my new favorite Christmas decoration.  At least we can be constantly reminded of the Reason for the season!

We picked up a few things from Joanns, Hobby Lobby, Kirklands, and Kohls. 





And last night while shopping I picked up a little something for Jenna's room....she LOVED it and has now decorated it appropriately!

And I may or may not have picked up yet something else for our future use...
OK, not sure why it will not flip the picture the other way, but it won't.
I used to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to Jenna from the day she was born.  In fact, I have a permanent reminder of that little fact.  I've been wondering what special thing I'd have with our other daughter.  As soon as I saw it, I knew it was perfect!  It's from the book "Guess How Much I Love You". 

There are a few other decorations, but since we are no where near being done, you'll have to wait a little longer for the finished product.  I can tell you that we decided to clean out our Christmas decorations, so we'll have a nice mixture of new and sentimental stuff.  I can't wait to see how it turns out. 

Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Sandra...I read your comments over and over as they are getting me through some very rough patches in my life. I dont know if you even remember me or not. But this has made me cry, as my children and i have a saying as well. "I love you all the way to the moon." Thank you for sharing this picture as well as all of your life accounts.

Amber

Stacey said...

I tell the kids every night I love you all the way to the moon and back. That has always been one of my favorite Children's books (the kids not so much). How come JG looked 15 in this picture of her decorating the tree. She is so beautiful.