12.19.2009

6th Day of Christmas-My Work

So, I know most folks wouldn't list their workplace in a blog as something to be thankful for.  But I am. I work at really a great place to work.  Part of what makes it great is the people I work for and with.  I have 3 co-workers on my team and my boss, Sherri.  Now, you've probably heard me mention Sherri before...some in this blog, but many of you know I talked about her before.

I love working for Sherri.  I worked for her a few years ago and left to take what I thought at the time was a better opportunity.  And I spent the next several years scratching and clawing to get back to her.  About 18 months ago I finally succeeded and I could not be happier.  Sherri knows me well.  I could go on and on, but we'll leave it at that.

And I work at a company who is very involved with the community and helping others.  In fact, once a year, we get an entire day off work to volunteer with a non profit entity in our city.  We have literally hundreds to choose from.  And the company pays us for the day...we don't take it from our vacation or anything.  And it is "strongly encouraged" that we participate.  The company gives no telling how much to these same institutions every year to help them do what they do best.

We have a cafeteria, a fitness center, pharmacy and clinic all on-site at the Corporate office.  It's free parking every day and if you have to go between buidlings, there are shuttles that run all day long so you don't have to walk in the rain or cold.  There's so much more, but it is a fabulous place to work.  The opportunity there is crazy.  I have been there 11 1/2 years.

And then I have great co-workers...Katelyn, Sally and Erica.  We all have different jobs, but we get along like family.  They are some of my closest friends.  We make a great team.  And I love it.

So, in this season of reflection, I'm thankful for the company I work for, the people I work for and the people I work WITH.

No comments: