12.16.2009

3rd Day of Christmas-Jenna

Of course it was inevitable that I would have to have a post about my sweet baby girl!  This one could be the longest yet, however, I'm going to restrain myself.

Last week on the way to school, somehow Jenna and I got to talking about the day she was born.  She asked me to tell her the story of that day.  Actually she first wanted me to rehash the day that I got food poisoning/a 24-hour virus and passed out in the floor at home while Steve was changing her diaper.  Because that was not a glowing moment in my history, I declined because somehow I don't find the story as funny as she does! 

For those that don't know (how could you NOT know), Steve and I had to go through in-vitro fertilization to have a chance at conception.  Actually *I* went through IVF...Steve kind of just helped.  :)  It's funny, never once during all the shots in my stomach and hips did I question that I would ever be pregnant.  It's like I just knew.  And God saw fit to bless me with a child.

She's not perfect, but in our eyes, she's pretty stinkin' close.  And she's 8 1/2 (officially yesterday) and that's more than halfway to 16.  Driving.  Dating.  High school.  It makes me want to hyperventilate just thinking about it.  Before long, my sweet baby girl will be will be wearing makeup, smart mouthing me (because what goes around, comes around right?) and talking on the phone for hours about the boy she likes. 

Anyway, I did relay the story to her and like many kids, she loved hearing it. Of course I had to kid-proof it because we all know how childbirth is, but she got the gist of it. And re-telling that story made me think about that day and all the excitement and anticipation of seeing this long awaited miracle child.

Excitement and anticipation not too unlike that which was felt all those many years ago when another child was about to be born.  By a woman named Mary and a man named Joseph.  Much younger than I was when I had Jenna, but equally as scared and unprepared.  It wasn't until I had Jenna that I could relate to Mary, but boy do I now.  She will be the one person I seek out in heaven to ask questions...

Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy
Would one day walk on water?
Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy
Would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your Baby Boy
Has come to make you new;
This Child that you delivered
Will soon deliver you.

Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy
Will give sight to a blind man?
Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy
Will calm the storm with His hand?
Did you know that your Baby Boy
Has walked where Angels trod?
When you kiss your Little Baby,
You kiss the Face of God!

Oh, Mary, did you know?
Oh, Mary, did you know?

The blind will see, the deaf will hear,
The dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak
The praises of the lamb!

Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy
Is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know that your Baby Boy
Will one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your Baby Boy
Is Heaven's Perfect Lamb?
This sleeping Child you're holding
Is the Great I Am!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh my word, I had not thought about the girls being over half way to 16. I need to sit down with my head between my knees!