8.15.2012

5th Grade!

Monday was Jenna's first 1/2 day of 5th grade.  At her school, 5th grade is the lower end of Middle School. 

MIDDLE SCHOOL.

She was very excited as she is every year when school starts.  We of course got there early, so I parked and we waited a few minutes until it was time for the students to go in.  I was surprised that she asked me to go in with her.  But I obliged and walked her in the door.  About half-way down the hallway (which is a short, rather secluded hallway because the middle school students enter the back of the school), she stopped and said that was far enough.  She could make it the rest of the way.

I managed to suppress my tears.

And ever since, she's walked in alone.  Like the big middle schooler she is.

She's gone from this....
To this...
In a few short years.  I can't even imagine what the next few years will bring.  This Mama can't bear to think about it.

2 comments:

Christy said...

It is just scary how big our girls are getting!

Vicky said...

Wow! I pray she has a wonderful school year!