10.28.2011

Welcome to Flashback Friday!

Over at my friend Katelyn's blog, she's started Flashback Friday.  I thought I'd give it a try...not sure how many Fridays I can come up with something to flash back to, but we'll see.  Hers are a little different than mine, but you'll get the idea...


Katelyn is young so she probably has no idea what these are.  But I bet many of my readers do.  Remember them?  Before the days of the CD and iTunes?

CASSINGLES (or AKA cassette singles)!!!!  And look at those titles...some of my favorites:

"Do me"-OH. MY. WORD.  Just goes to show you I never actually listened to the words of most of what I listened to.  I would have a COW if I heard a song like this on Jenna's iPod.

"All This Time"- Tiffany.  Ah, Tiffany.  I did love this song!

"Just a Friend" - Biz Markie.  This one brings back memories.  My family didn't have cable.  I got cable when Steve and I married.  But I could find one channel in between the others...fuzzy, lots of snow but I could make out this video on some video knockoff channel.  Good times.

"I've Been Waiting For You" by the Guys Next Door.  Does ANYONE remember them?  I know my friend Staci does.  :) 

Oh yes, I can tell I'm gonna like Flashback Fridays!!!

2 comments:

clg0513 said...

Oh girl i remember it all...including The Guys Next Door - which by the way I met when they came to the Kmart in Donelson. I sooo need to find those photos!

Christy said...

That is so funny! Tony pulled out some of my cassettes and "mix tapes" from the back of some counter the other day. He wanted to get rid of them!!! I loved the memories that they bring back. Of course, my kids were really confused as to what they were.