11.26.2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 26

Today I'm thankful for pastors.  There are several in my life that have led me through some of the best and worst times I've ever experienced.

My home church pastor, who has now gone on to heaven, was there when I was born, there when my mom died (literally), there when I got married, there when I had Jenna and I was actually at my home church the weekend before he had a stroke in the pulpit (he passed a week later).  This man was literally like a second father to me and I have missed him many, many days since his passing.

Then there is my current church pastor who rocks my socks off every Sunday, is an adoptive parent and was integral to our own adoption process.  He was there when we arrived with Kylie and has been our biggest supporter and cheerleader throughout the whole process.  We just finished up a sermon series on the book of Revelation and OH. MY. WORD.  I'm telling you what, I could do an entire blog SERIES on what I've learned.  If you are interested, you can go here and listen to the podcasts.  They are just SO good.

I'm just so thankful there are other pastors and ministers that God has made instrumental in my life.

Today, I am thankful.

No comments: