11.15.2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 15

Halfway through 30 Days of Thanks!!

Today I'm thankful for Christian education.

I was a product of Christian education.  For 13 years, my parents sacrificed their wants (and probably sometimes needs) to send me to a Christian school.  I grew up, kindergarten to 12th grade never knowing not praying before meals, not having chapel once a week and not having Bible class and learning scripture daily.

The things I learned from good ole EHCS helped transform me into the woman I am today.  Some of the teachers I encountered there challenged me to learn to defend my beliefs and not just believe the way my parents did and because they did, I respected them greatly.

When Steve and I met and started getting serious, I shared my heart for Christian education and turns out, though he wasn't fortunate enough to attend Christian school, we agreed on the importance of it for our children.  And today, we are seeing much of the same benefits from Christian education for Jenna.  I pray that she will grow up never knowing not praying before meals, not having chapel service once a week and not having Bible class and learning scripture daily.  I also pray Kylie is able to benefit from the same Christian education.

Today I'm thankful.

No comments: