11.16.2012

30 Days of Thanks - Day 16

Today I'm thankful for my boss.

Yes, I know that is likely a strange thing to be thankful for, but the woman I've reported to for much of the last 15 years of employment is one of a kind. 

First of all, I am fortunately enough to call her a friend, as well as a mentor.  She is a Christian and over the past years, we have found we have lots in common (some good, some not so good.  :))  After my last job, where I really enjoyed my male boss, I swore I would never report to a woman again.   

There is something to be said for liking your boss.  I don't recall ever dreading going into work (as a general rule...though some Mondays are tough) and much of that is due to her constant challenge to me.

She truly does try and look out for my best interest and sees the potential in me, many time long before I would see it in myself AND sometimes when no one else saw it. 

So today, I'm thankful.

No comments: