4.06.2011

Grocery Shopping

This weekend was my big monthly shopping trip to the grocery store.  I didn't save as much as I normally do because there just wasn't as many good sales as usual.  I did save about 50% at Publix though.  You can just save so much at Publix especially with their buy one, get one free offer.

This is what my kitchen floor looked like after bringing in almost all the groceries.
For some reason Kroger (I shopped both Publix and Kroger) had a bunch of empty shelves.  In fact, one of the things missing was lettuce and I needed some.  I have determined I'm going to take my lunch more often this month and I need lettuce for sandwiches.  I went over to the produce in hopes of finding something that would work  since their heads of lettuce were completely gone.  And I found something.  Just look.  I've never seen anything like it!

So neat!  It wasn't as cheap as a regular head of lettuce, but it will do.  Super neat.  It took us (we all went!) 2 hours to do both stores and it took a while to get all the bags unloaded and the groceries put away.  Luckily we have 2 pantries (which was an accidental blessing) and this is what they look like after a monthly grocery shopping trip.

Of course, this doesn't count the stuff in the cupboard that is only for me (my low-fat, diet stuff), nor the fridge/freezer.  I just love the look for a full pantry. 

I think I'm pretty stocked up for a while.  I'll go to get meats and staples next month, but that's probably about it.  In June, my company is going to have it's own Farmer's Market and I can't wait.  Jenna loves fruit and I'm hoping to increase mine and Steve's consumption of fruit.  Having the Farmer's Market at my back door is going to save me lots more money (I hope!).

No comments: