4.10.2011

A Day In the Life...

Thought you might be interested in hearing what a normal weekday looks like for me.  I might have blogged about this once before, but just pretend like I haven't.  :)

5:00am Alarm goes off for the first time.  Hit snooze.
5:07, 5:14, 5:21am Alarm comes on multiple times.  Continue to hit snooze.
5:28am roll out of bed and go to the bathroom.
5:28 -5:55 Brush teeth, put on makeup, fix hair, put on clothes including jewelry.
5:55am Make sure Jenna is up and getting ready.  She almost always is.  Head downstairs.
6:00-6:20am Make lunch, snack, breakfast times two.  Most days I cram some kind of breakfast down my throat as well.
6:20am Get my bag, purse, Jenna's backpack (and jacket depending on the weather) and had out.
6:30am Hopefully on our way to school/work.
7:00-7:15am arrive at school. Give lots of love to JG and then she reports to before care at school.
7:30-7:45 Arrive at work.  This is where my day starts.  On any given day, there is at least one meeting or conference call and sometimes multiple or back-to-back meetings all day.  On about 3 out of 5 days, I'll get to have lunch away from my desk.  Most days my lunch lasts 30 minutes even though I have an hour slated.
5:00-5:30 leave work and head home.  I try to be out of the office by 5:00 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday because we have plans after work.  Sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn't.  I work very hard to try and make it happen.
5:30-6:30/6:45/7:00pm TRAFFIC.  With the construction out towards our neck of the woods, the traffice is horrendous.  On a bad day, when it seems like everyone is on the road, it can easily take 90 minutes for me to get home.  On a good traffic day, I"m looking at about an hour and 15 minutes.
6:15-7:00pm arrive at home.  Hopefully Steve is cooking dinner (or dinner is on the table).  Eat dinner, clean up the dishes (if Steve cooked).  On the rare occasion where Steve hasn't started dinner yet, I then start dinner (and he cleans up).  6:30-7:00 Eat dinner.
7:00-8:00 Clean up kitchen, get Jenna's bath, watch a bit of tv or work on the computer.
8:00-8:30 Jenna gets ready for bed.  We do devotional, pray, then read (or snuggle) and she's in bed by 8:30.
8:30-9:00 that's what I get a shower (obviously, there's not time for showers in the morning)
9:00-10:00 PC, TV, read, do Bible study, fold laundry, review Jenna's homework etc.
10:00 BED.

Then the next day I start all over again.  Maybe one day I'll let you in on what my weekends usually look like.

No comments: