11.05.2006

We find out tomorrow...

Mood: Anxious

Well, tomorrow is the day...Micah finds out the gender of her baby. I am pretty excited to know because I won't be going to the ultrasound. Her mom is going and probably her boyfriend, so I feel like I should stay away. I wish I'd been more a part of her life during this time, but she hasn't really asked for me to be and seeing that I'm "just" a stepmom, I don't force myself on her. I don't think she mind, in fact, she'd probably be appeciative for me to go, but I don't want to intrude. It's ironic actually...I remember her having the same feeling with me back when I was pregnant with Jenna. My how the tables have turned!

Like me back then, I fear she has no idea what she's in for. Of course, do any of us really know what we are in for when we have our first child? I think not. But perhaps this will be the turning point for her to find herself, give herself completely to someone other than herself. We can only hope!

I know many of you that are ready are family, so you are as anxious to know as I am. I will post as soon as I hear something and of course email everyone too. My guess is a girl, although I think Micah kind of wants a boy because she heard they were easier. Any moms of boys want to object!? I have heard the opposite...but then ultimately, like all the other moms, she really doesn't care what it is just as long as it's healthy. So...we wait.

More to come...

No comments: