11.03.2006

Congratulations & other baby news...Wednesday, October 11, 2006 (archive)

Congrats to my good friend, Stacey G! "Pumpkin" (yet to be named) arrived this morning at 8:15am via c-section weighing in at 6lbs, 11.8oz and 19 1/2 inches long. Mom and baby are both doing fine (albeit a little tired). Congrats to the new family of FOUR!

In related news...I had something happen to me today that I thought I would share. At lunch, I wanted to eat at SATCO (San Antonion Taco Company for my non-local friends). My friend and I had no transportation to get there (as my van's in the shop) so her husband came to pick us up and take us. Of course he insisted on paying even as I shoved the money in the SATCO cashier's face. Jokingly I said to Mr. SATCO Cashier, "OK, so you are clearly ignoring the money I'm shoving in your face." And he says to me, "Well, I figured I shouldn't argue since you're pregnant." (silence). Uh, NEWSFLASH, I'M NOT PREGNANT! Geez...of course, knowing it would humiliate him, I just nodded and said nothing.

Back at work (2 tacos, some tortillas and cheese dip later), I was telling my co-workers the story. They too were mortified for this poor schmuck who obviously has no woman in his life to tell him you NEVER assume a woman is pregnant unless she's actually in labor when you are in her presence! Anyway, as I'm relaying the story, I am enumerating every time someone has ever mistaken me for pregnant since I had Jenna. So for, the number is up to 6. Yep, that's 6 innocent people who actually thought I was pregnant I was so fat. I thought I had gotten rid of all my make-me-look-pregnant dresses...turned them in for black make-me-look-skinnier-pants (with the elastic waist!). Apparently, the pants stopped working because now I look pregnant in them too! Pretty soon, I'll have to come to work in my PJs because that will be the ONLY things that I wear that don't make me look pregnant!

Now, I know all of you that know me will say, "You don't look pregnant!" (I've heard that multiple times today), and to you I probably don't. You KNOW me and know that I'm NOT pregnant so to you I don't look it. But to someone like the cashier or person on the street, I might indeed look pregnant at first glance. And you know, pregnancy is a wonderful thing so they mean it in a happy way I'm sure...it's not malicious...

I try not to take it too seriously. It was an honest mistake, but clearly it's time to do something about my weight. I don't think I eat bad food, just too much of it, not enough water and too many sweets. And. I don't exercise. (screaming and gnashing of teeth here). I know, I know. I just can't seem to get motivated and when I do, I can't stay that way. Remember, I'm married to a man that has to eat TONS of sweets and drink tons of Coke just to stay at the 140 pounds he is. It's sickening. Moreso, it's hard. It's tough to fix food and buy groceries for someone who is trying to maintain weight while you are trying to lose it. I think I need a kick-a** personal trainer that will come drag me away every day to work out. I don't know, sometimes I think plastic surgery is my last option. I'm going to do baby-steps though. I always thought plastic surgery for weight loss was for lazy people who didn't want to exercise. And now, it seems, I've turned into one of them.

The good thing is that if I ever did get pregnant again, I could probably go 5 months before having to get into maternity clothes!

Stay tuned...

No comments: