11.23.2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I just sat down from finishing up my part of the Taylor Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone should be here about 3pm, so I'm way ahead of the game! I love entertaining like this. I don't want to do it every week, but once a year and it's really fun. Plus, I do so enjoy having the Taylors over. It's the most normal thing about my family. I just love being around them all. I wish we got together more often.

Not much to update...Steve was unofficially offered a nighttime manager position at the new company. The guy actually asked him in an EMAIL if he was interested. And the email was just a reply to another question Steve had asked. How unprofessional! Steve hasn't responded, but he doesn't want to work nights, he doesn't want to work THERE and he doesn't want to be their sloppy second choice. We are still investigating schooling for a rad tech, but that wouldn't be complete until 2 years or so, so we still have to find something in the interim.

As for me, just plugging along. The LBO of my company was complete last week and already things are starting to feel stressful. Not so much the job, but the feeling that the axe is about to fall any minute. Not sure if that's my own paranoia or if it's that premonition of something bad about to happen. I'm hoping it's just paranoia. Right now, I'm not sure we could handle anything else on our plates.

Well, I'm off to relax a bit before getting ready for the rest of the day. I have much to be thankful for today.

No comments: