6.20.2011

The Nail Salon

So a few weeks ago, Jenna kept asking if we could go and get pedicures.  Well, it's just too expensive for us both to go and at the time we were on a pretty tight budget (this happens when there is only one income AND there is only a once-a-month paycheck!).

With that in mind, I just decided to go another direction...I set up a home-spa right in our bedroom...
And then I let Jenna come in for her appointment.  Apparently the water was pretty warm...
But she soaked her feet and let me rub them.  I trimmed her toenails and painted them per her instructions.  And she absolutely enjoyed it like none other. It took very little time for me to do and you would have thought we were going to Disney the way she reacted. 
T
There was only one thing I could think of that she might enjoy more.  And a few nights later, I gave her the opportunity to do it...
She polished my toes.  It wasn't the best job.  It certainly wasn't salon quality, but you know what?  I wear it with pride.  She took such great care with it...carefully painting each toe and trying not to get any outside the nail.  She kept asking me if I liked it and of course, I said yes!  I did touch it up just a tiny bit, but I wore it until our pedicures on her birthday.

Such a sweet memory for us to have.  I love my girl!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

What a sweet mommy/daughter memory!!