4.30.2008

Stint Free!!!!

This is going to be a quick update as I just got Steve home and put to bed, for the 4th time in a month!

We got to the doctor's office early this morning as we had to drop Jenna off at school. They took the x-ray and while we waited to see the doctor we looked at it. Amazingly enough, the stone that was lodged, was no longer there. It appeared to us to be further down the tube, which meant it was moving. A little while later, they called us back to prep Steve for the stint removal. I made sure they had Dr. Hagan look at the x-ray before removing the stint because I knew we didn't want to go through replacing the stint again. Dr. Hagan stated that there were still a few stone pieces floating around and to expect those to pass, but there should be little or no pain with this procedure. It took all of 5 minutes. Steve had IV sedation and is quite loopy. But because there should be little or no pain, we think by tonight he'll be good as new!

Thanks for your prayers. I was worried this morning that they would say they missed the stone and another lithotripsy would need to be done, but that's not what happened. Thank you Jesus for taking care of us today.

They did take 2 of the stones we had managed to save (I'll spare you the details of that) to be tested. And we have a 24 hour urinalysis that we have to do at some point in the next few weeks once Steve's fully recovered. We've been through all this before and they have found nothing out of the ordinary, but hopefully this time they might find a cause and then a way to stop these from forming. His right kidney should be clear now. Of course we have no idea about the left.......

OK, thankfully, my manager at work is letting me work from home this afternoon so I don't have to take another day off, so I better get to it. I'm going to get Steve rest a little longer and then feed him some lunch. Poor guy had to fast since midnight, so I'm sure he's hungry!

Thanks again for your prayers.

No comments: