4.29.2008

I have been remiss in posting lately. First thing is that we are going back in to the doctor tomorrow to have Steve's stint removed. However, since the lithotripsy last Wednesday, nothing has passed. So, it's been a week and the big stone has not passed in pieces or otherwise. We will have an x-ray before the procedure tomorrow, but I have the sneaking suspicion that the doctor did not hit the stone with the procedure last week. Which means, we may have to schedule surgery #5 and then #6 to have the stint removed. Needless to say, neither of us want to go that route, but there won't be much choice. He has no more time off to take, I'm dwindling down myself and at 20% co-insurance for the doctor and anesthesiologist, we have burned through our FSA account and have already racked up about $500 in bills...not to mention the stress toll on our family and our lives. So, just remember us tomorrow. I will post as soon as I get home. However, if something happens and they do NOT do the procedure, I'll go in to work...

Today was weigh in. As you know I was .6lbs away from my first big goal. I exercised last week 2 times and had really tried to do well at watching what I ate. But despite my best efforts, I gained a pound this week. I tried not to let it bother me, but it was a true bummer. I almost didn't report on it in the blog today, but I figure if I need support when I'm losing, I need even MORE when I'm gaining. Of course, if I'd paid attention to the calendar, I probably could have guessed this would happen.

Let's see, what else...oh yeah...I am happy to report back on that issue I was getting all impatient about has resolved itself. In a nutshell, I had applied for another job within HR at my company. It was working for the manager that I used to work for. Things were moving along quite quickly until the process hit a roadbump and that's when I got impatient. I found out last week that I did get the job! So, I am excited that I get to go back and report to my friend and mentor, Sherri. Very cool news!

Last, but not least...this past weekend was great. Jenna had her friend, Annabelle, from school over to spend the night. Jenna's choir program at church was Friday night and here is a couple pictures from that. Our bonus room will never be the same!







Oh and one side thought...Thursday afternoon, I'm hosting a Premier Jewelry Party at work. If you are a Premier customer or would like to be, let me know and I will get you a catalog. This is not just a Premier party...it's a fundraiser for Steve for HSP (diabetic alert dog). The wonderful woman who is the jeweler happened across my previous AVON fundraiser and asked if she could do this and donate the profits to us for the cause. I was thrilled! So, if you are interested, let me know. I only invited work people, but we have all our letters copied and folded, so everyone will be getting one of those soon (relatively speaking!)

OK, will post more tomorrow. We covet your prayers!

No comments: