9.07.2011

Praises and Updates

First, I'd like to thank everyone on my FB and from my blog for praying for us lately.  We've been through a lot of changes and even though for the most part they are exciting, even excitement can be wearing on a person emotionally.

Steve got his schedule today.  If you'll recall, he had 15 different shifts to choose from and they were almost ALL different. It wasn't the 1st, 2nd, 3rd shift type stuff you normally find.  It was every type of shift under the sun most with weekend days.  He was to rate them 1-15 with 1 being his top choice.  Then they would assign shifts based on their ranking in training.  Of course, having NO IT knowledge, he was very concerned about this process.  The day he got the schedules to rank was probably our darkest day yet.  We've prayed ferverently that God's will be done, but Steve's main concern was being able to go to church.  Well, I'm thrilled to be able to give God ALL the glory in that Steve got his FIRST choice of schedule!!!  He'll be working 6am-3pm Tuesday through Saturday.  Yes, that ruins our Saturdays, but we'll get to spend every evening with him even though he'll go to bed super early.

That means Jenna will only have to stay in aftercare for about 30 minutes 4 days a week.  It's a bummer to have to pay over $100 a month for that length of time, but it is what it is.  We aren't complaining.

Also, the situation at school seems to have resolved itself.  Jenna spoke with the teacher yesterday and she said they talked to the other child's parent on Friday afternoon and "got it all straightened out".  That's all Jenna got in terms of an answer.  Which makes me happy since it seems it's over.  But then it makes me mad that after all the grief my girl went through, she got "it's straightened out" and I got nothing.  So I'm going to email the teacher today and see what information I can get.

No word on the adoption.  Due to Steve's new job, we believe we'll have to have a home study update done.  We are waiting to hear about that for sure.

Thanks for your prayers!  God is SO good!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Glad "it got straightened out" but I am very curious what the teacher tells you. Be sure and let me know.