9.21.2011

It's a Small World After All...

Truer words have never been spoken (or sung) as it relates to this crazy adoption world.  When I first embarked on this journey, I knew of a few close friends at church who had adopted.  Outside of that, I'd had acquaintances, but that was it.

Once we started the process, I started finding online groups and boards.  One of the most popular groups is Rumor Queen.  I have met many people who have become dear friends through online forums and groups.
When I joined the FCC group, I mentioned my city and one sweet mom piped up that she was in the same area.  Turns out I could SPIT on her house from mine!  I'm not kidding.  She's just diagonal from us.  And she had a son from China.  With cleft lip and palate (well, not anymore, but that's what he had when they adopted him).  A few weeks ago, we went out to eat with them.  They are in the process of adopting a second son from China.

Another mom I met online has family members who live in our city just a few blocks down the street from us.  She is coming to town soon for a big conference on adoption I am also attending.  I can't wait to meet her in person.

There's a mom from the RQ boards who not only lives in the city slightly to the north of ours, but who is also with our original agency.

Through our transfer of agencies, I've met and gotten to know several new friends, one of which lives in Chattanooga and who already had TWO miracles at her house and is hoping to bring home her China miracle soon.

My friend Jennifer and I met online after I helped her fundraising efforts by purchasing some handmade hair bows.  We talk nearly every day on the phone now.  She is literally weeks away from traveling to get her precious Myah.

I have taken to reading many China adoption blogs and this one led me to this super cool website.  What really turned on to this site is that they will custom create your child's Chinese name in a pendant.
So right away I emailed them with Kylie's name and ordered a pendant.  I also ordered a couple different sized chains.
I am dying for one of these sweet dolls, but I just couldn't do it in this order.
There's a marvelous story behind these Niu Niu dolls and the Jiayin Designs company....but you are going to have to wait a while to hear it.  As soon as my pendant comes in, I'll post a photo and tell you the story.  Until then, check out their site and buy one of those pendants.  I can't wait to get mine!

No comments: