Say What?

I know I have been MIA for a few weeks.  I wish I could say it was because I was busy planning my trip to China, but not so much.  Work has definitely picked up and keeping me pretty busy.  That makes the days go fast and that is a good thing.

A week ago Friday, I felt like my allergies were really starting to kick up.  My eyes were burning, my ears were itching and my throat felt hot.  All signs of fall coming to Tennessee.  By Friday night, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck.  We were planning to go tailgating with our church friends at the local high school football game, but I just couldn't do it and Steve was beat.

I lay on the couch all night long, only sitting up to eat my Jet's pizza.  As an aside, I first had Jet's pizza while hanging out with my friend Elizabeth Y.  (hey E!).  And I haven't stopped thinking about it since.  Seriously.  I could order one right now if I could.  YUM.  Anyway, I asked Steve to order it on Friday night and it turned out to be the best part of my evening.  I took some allergy meds and went to bed.

Saturday morning I woke up and felt better, but I didn't know how long it would last since I started feeling bad late afternoon on Friday.  I cleaned the kitchen, started the laundry and straightened up the rest of the house in between sitting down.  I never even got out of my PJs.  ALL. DAY. LONG.  By late afternoon, I was ready to call it quits.  I just had no energy and I really hadn't expended that much.  I took more allergy meds and went to bed early (yes, I'm 90 years old thankyouverymuch).

Sunday morning I felt pretty good.  PLUS, I was excited for Lifegroups at church to start back up.  I felt fine until the middle of LG when I started having to incessantly clear my throat.  I didn't take any meds on Sunday because I thought maybe the meds were what was robbing me of my energy.  I went to bed Sunday night knowing I had a dentist appt. to fill a cavity on Monday morning at 7:30. 

Monday morning I woke up feeling like I was drowning in mucous.  Sorry, TMI, but I felt and sounded awful.  I canceled my appointment and drug myself to work.  The clinic nurse at work confirmed I wasn't infected and told me to start Mucinex-ing.  By Tuesday, I felt pretty darn good, but unfortunately my voice decided to take a vacation.  I didn't have a voice.  NONE.  The most I could do was whisper.  There were no squeaks or anything.  GONE. 

Every fall about September/October, when the weather starts to change, I get complete and total laryngitis.  Usually I have a few days leading up to it where I start to sound hoarse and get squeaky and then I have one day with no voice at all and then I have another 2-3 days where I go the other direction.  And typically there is no feeling bad with my laryngitis.  I simply have no voice.  This time I felt bad and had no lead time.  I'm still trying to get rid of the crud in my chest and still have a bit of a sinus headache, but I think I'm on the mend.  It did make for a few quiet days around the house, which says a lot...

So here's to cooler weather and I hope, my last bout with laryngitis!

No comments: