9.11.2011

I Remember

10 years ago today, I had been back at work just a few weeks after having Jenna.  I'd been at work only a few minutes, when a co-worker came by and said a plane had crashed into one of the world trade centers in NY.

I kind of blew it off, but she was headed to the conference room to watch the news so I tagged along.  Once I started watching, I began to realize the horror which was unfolding before my eyes.  Before long, there were several of us still watching when the second plane hit.  Then the first tower fell.  And then the second.

I wanted so badly just to have my baby daughter in my arms.  I can't recall whether I worked all day, but I do remember sitting in front of the TV at work, at home, wherever...

I am STILL horrified at the events of that day.  I am still grateful for those that gave or risked their lives for others.

I remember.

No comments: