2.22.2011

Space Day

A few weeks ago, there was a big day for the 3rd graders at Jenna's school.  It's the day every third grader looks forward to...SPACE DAY!

Steve helped work with many of the other parents to turn the 3rd grade hall into the nose of the space shuttle.  This is what it ended up looking like...totally cool...

The kids rotated through different stations all day long.  They shot mini rockets...

Shot off bigger rockets...
And listened to a REAL astronaut speak!

And so much more!  There were so many fun learning things to do.  It was very cool even if I do say so myself and I took the entire day off work just to be there, experience it and help.  I'm so glad I did.  I left a tiny bit early after hearing the astronaut speak.  Steve stayed to see the big finale which were big model rockets that the teachers shot off.

Jenna's got a small class this year with only 6 girls, but it's wonderful because they all get along wonderfully.  I wish we could keep this class together next year.  These kids (and Mrs. S) are GREAT!

No comments: