2.02.2011

If you have ever had to file with the USCIS...

...then I want to hear your comments.  I'm clearly entering the phase I like to call OBSESSING over getting our results.

When we went for the biometrics (fingerprints), the lady never gave us a time frame of when to expect results.  It's been more than 2 weeks since the appointment in which they told me they sent them over the internet to be processed IMMEDIATELY.  I kind of thought that meant in a week, maximum TWO, that we'd have our results.

Not so much.

Today I got fixated enough that I tried to call the USCIS.  The first guy I talked to, "Matthew", was nice enough but he couldn't find my receipt number in the system, which I was reading directly off the official notice from Homeland Security.  Then he says to find me, he's going to have to transfer me to a "higher level of customer service"...Ooohhh weeeeee...that sounds important.  Yeah it must be. 

Because the wait time to speak with someone was 10 to 15 MINUTES.

UM NO.

I've tried to blog hope to all my favorite China Adoption blogs to research timelines, but it's too hard to keep up and most timelines don't go into the details...

So for all you China Adoption Readers (CAR) out there...

HOW LONG FROM THE DATE OF YOUR FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT WITH THE USCIS DID IT TAKE TO GET YOUR RESULTS?

If you tell me it took a month, then I'll gladly wait another 2 weeks and not obsess.  I just need to know a guesstimate...and no, "Matthew" wasn't able to tell me even that.

Help a sista out....

4 comments:

Abby said...

Ours took about 2wks but I guess the average wait time was 6-10wks from our immagration office.

Sandra said...

Abby-was it 6-10 weeks from application to final results? Or just from fingerprints to final results? It took them a month to send us the appt. cards and then another 3 weeks before the appt. I thought it was a total of 2 1/2 months from app to results. Now I'm thinking I might need to reread because maybe that was 2 1/2 months from fingerprints to results?

Abby said...

It was 5wks between the day we sent in our application till our actual appt. And we were told 6-10wks from the day of our fingerprinting appt till our FDL. I looked back and it took exactly 14days from fingerprinting till we got our FDL letter. Hope that helps a little. Hopefully you will be getting it anytime.

Sandra said...

It does make me feel better! Thanks for your input! Hopefully it won't be long. Problem is we applied on the day before the cost increased, so I'm sure they are running behind!