2.01.2011

No news is...well...NO NEWS

I don't have much to say today except we are staring down the barrel at 2.5 months since we first filed our application with the USCIS and there were still no results in my mailbox today.  2.5 months is the approximate and average time "they" say to get the entire process done.  Looks like we are going to be waiting the full 2.5 or may even 3 months. 

I'm trying not to get discouraged, but I have to admit, I call Steve every day about lunch time to see if he's gotten the mail, just in case.  Every day it's the same and  I'm starting to get bummed and frustrated.  Not many non-adoptive families really understand.  I get the question all the time, "How's the adoption going?" And the answer is always the same, "We are waiting on __________________" and the blank is the only thing that changes.  Waiting on our reference letters, doctor notes, physicals, social worker, USCIS, agency, China...whatever.  Always waiting on something.

But it's all good.  The holidays were such a good time to have to wait because we were so busy with holiday activities that I didn't have time to obsess.  And everyone knows that January/February are the slowest, most boring months of the year.  But again, it's all good.  This is really just the beginning and I'm sure the easiest of the waiting.  I imagine the hard part will be waiting for travel acceptance after we know how she is.  So I should embrace this waiting now.  :)

OK, back to waiting...

1 comment:

Abby said...

That does seem like along time to be waiting. Hope it comes TODAY!!!