1.26.2011

More of Kylie's Room

As promised, here are more pictures of Kylie's room.  Steve got the valance hung and with the new rod we bought, I think it's GREAT!

And then, I think I might have mentioned, I found a crib set (bumper, sheet and comforter) on sale at Target for $12.  They were the pink, brown and green colors, so I went ahead an purchased it because again, it was on clearance for $12!  I actually think it turned out great.  What do you think?



See that super cute blanket hanging on the side of the crib?  I loved it and it was so soft and had some of the green in it that I just couldn't resist.  But that thing cost the same as the clearance crib set!  But isn't it oh-so-cute!

Here's what the crib area looks like now that the crib set is in.  I think it's starting to really shape up.  I want to get the dresser/hutch cleaned off, but I just haven't had the time.

And see the doll there?  That's "Shelley".  She was my Adoption Doll I got when I was in 2nd grade.  They were big back then and this one was handmade by the mom of a friend of mine who I went to school with from Kindergarten right on up through 12th grade.  Joel used to spend lots of the summer at my house since his mom worked and mine didn't.  His mom made this doll and her initials and the year are sewn right into her backside.  I named her after my best friend in 2nd grade, Shelley.  Shelley and I also went to school together from elementary on up through high school.  Jenna dug Shelley out of my cedar chest and has insisted on putting her out for Kylie.  Now that I think about it, giving Kylie my old "Adoption Doll" is quite appropriate.  I might need to ask someone to make her a new dress.  :)

So that's how the room is coming along.  My friend Karen came over last weekend and we looked at tons of letters to hang on Kylie's wall.  So next time you get pictures, it will be of that.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

The whole adoption doll thing makes me want to cry. So sweet.