1.23.2011

The Melting Pot

For probably 4 of the last 5 years, for Valentine's Day, Steve and I have gone to the Melting Pot as our gift to each other.  This year, we decided to go a little early and take Jenna since she'd never been.

I'm trying to watch what I eat, so I was a little apprehensive about being able to pick something at least not as bad for you.  Jenna, however, had NO apprehension.
We got there a few minutes before our reservation and they seated us right away.  And oddly enough, Jenna got pink fondue forks.  You can kind of see them here.

My favorite part of the Melting Pot is not just the chocolate dessert, but the cheese fondue at the beginning.  Jenna was more interested in eating the apples plain.

And of course, the chocolate dessert (we had The Original) was her favorite.  But she ate very well for all courses and my one goal was to NOT overeat.  When we do the Valentine's special, there is TONS of food and because it's expensive, I always feel like I have to eat it all.  This time, the portion sizes were more reasonable and so I was fine to stop eating when I felt full.  It was a great night and we enjoyed it together as a family.

No comments: