12.14.2010

Snow Day!

We had a very busy Sunday planned, but unfortunately, it started snowing and our whole day ended up getting canceled.  The good news is I really needed the day to finish wrapping the Christmas presents.  This time, I watched The Holiday while wrapping.  Watching movies really does make the time go faster.  And our tree now looks less lonely with presents underneath it!

And while I was wrapping, the snow kept falling...and kept falling...the roads were very bad on Sunday night so our offices didn't open until 10am.  I didn't leave the house until probably 11 because the roads in my neighborhood were definitely icy.  Where we are, here's how much we ended up with:

Yep, that's about 3 inches.
And as is our tradition, Mom never missing a snow day!  At 10:00 in the morning with the temperature hovering around 20 degrees, I bundled up with my girl for a few minutes in the snow before getting ready for work.
She *might* have been a little excited.

This is what she was waiting on...to hit me with a snowball.
We bought that red toboggan sled about a month ago at Lowe's.  There were about 4 left and we have learned from experience if you wait for the snow to come before buying you will find every place SOLD OUT.  So this was our first opportunity to get it out and break it in.

And, just to prove I was actually out there in the snow with her AND that our street was solid ice, here we are enjoying a ride down together:

This was the first time I used my new flip camera and I think it turned out pretty good considering.  I enjoyed the few minutes I was outside with Jenna, but it was so brutally cold and I had to get to work so we didn't stay out long.  All in all, it was a good day even though I did have to work.  We are supposed to get ice tomorrow night, so we'll see if we get another snow day.

No comments: