We've arrived!

The flight from Chicago to Tokyo was a long one…13 hours! Not to mention, I got up at 2:45am in the morning to make a 6:30am flight. All the flights have been on time or a bit early.

I didn’t get in bed until 11:30 Friday night and because Micah and Gage were staying the night, Jenna was in our bed. She’d crashed at about 8:45pm on the couch downstairs. There’s just not room for 3 of us in the bed, so I didn’t sleep well for the 3 hours I slept. When the alarm went off, I was ready to get up. I got ready fairly quickly and got my luggage downstairs and then didn’t know what to do. So, I went to the bedrooms and prayed over them. Praying that the days would be good while I’m gone.

Rachel and David arrived about 3:30 and we were off! I loved on Steve and Jenna and left…with my emotions in check! We got to the airport a little after 4:00 and got checked in. There are about 20 of us traveling this leg together. We had prayer and then stood in line at security and waited for the flight to board.

We arrived in Chicago on time but then had about a 4 hour layover there before our flight to Tokyo left. I think the 13 hour flight was by far the worst part of the trip so far and it was tolerable. As soon as we took off, they served us drinks and pretzels and not too long after that, lunch (which was delicious considering!) I took a Tylenol PM and tried to sleep. The bad part is that you just can’t get comfortable in a plane. I think I slept 3, maybe 4 hours, all broken up into hour increments.

We arrived in Bangkok late (about midnight) and my head hit the pillow at our hotel about 1am. We got to sleep until about 7am, so that was awesome.

Our flight to Chiang Mai was uneventful and it is a beautiful city. We were on the go all day yesterday with the conference. Last night, I was about to pass out from exhaustion, but it was a great day. We met all the kids in our 4 year old class room. They are sweet...

As I got on th elevator yesterday (which was Mondayafternoon here), my M family got on the elevator too! I was so stunned that I could not speak...just point...but we did end up talking and they are such nice folks. I have a totally new appreciation for the M's.

My eyes have been opened like you wouldn't believe here. I think us in the US are ignorant regarding how other cultures live (unless you have been exposed to other cultures), but in reality, there's not a lot of differences...these people need Jesus just like those in the US do.

I'm missing my Steve and Jenna like crazy. I have talked to them a couple times, but it is expensive to call, so it's very quick calls and some texting. I'm not sure when this post will date/time itself, but I'm writing this on Tuesday morning about 7:30am. It is 7:30PM on Monday night in the states.

Well, I have a pretty good connection here, so I am going to send a few emails and then get to my classroom.

Keep those prayers coming and add to them the people of the Pacific Rim. Will post more later.

From Thailand....



clg0513 said...

So glad that you all made it safe... hope your body is adjusting. I can't wait to hear more & see some pictures :) How excited i am for you and your group.


Stacey said...

Lawd I have been worried about you girl. I've been checking this blog like twice a day hoping you have updated it. Sent you a pray-o-gram or whatever that thing is called from your church website. I can't wait to hear full details about EVERYTHING you did and saw. Take loads of pictures.