6.30.2007

A Belated Celebration

...for my birthday that is.

Tonight, Steve, Jenna, Chase and went downtown to eat at the Spaghetti Factory. Our good friends from church, the Morgans, joined us. It was a belated birthday celebration and it was wonderful. Danette and I never seem to have enough time to talk and catch up with us usually being in church when we are together, so it seems we NEVER run out of things to say. Plus, I haven't really seen her since my return from Thailand and they wanted a brief synopsis of the trip.


I haven't been to the Spaghetti Factory in years (since my youth) and it was good. I also had the best dessert. It was chocolate cake with chocolate icing and chocolate shavings and chocolate mousse. You know, something chocolate. After we got done eating, Chase had to leave, but the rest of us decided to walk around downtown briefly. A friend of mine recently stated in her blog that blogs were just better with pictures, and I think I agree, so here is one we took tonight in front of the Hard Rock.


Jenna was dying to ride on one of the horse and buggies and it was only $30, so the Morgans split the cost and we took a quick tour of downtown Nashville. It was nice to hear about some of the places that we didn't know much about even though we've all been in Nashville quite a while (all our lives for Steve and I).


This is a picture of the Country Music Hall of Fame. Notice how it looks like a piano? Pretty neat huh? And if you do an aerial view, the entire building looks like a huge music note. Cool.


And lastly, here's a picture of my dear husband grilling my steaks on my birthday in the rain...how sweet...they were good steaks too.


Thanks to Dennis, Danette and Christian (we missed you, KD!) for sharing my birthday with me! We enjoyed our time together and look forward to the next time. We are so blessed by your friendship!


Well, it's after 10pm and I'm tired, so I'm going to head to bed...lots to do tomorrow...clean the kitchen, laundry, groceries etc. 4th of July is coming...more to come on that...

No comments: