7.07.2012

Happy Birthday...TO ME!

I'm way late on this, but I couldn't let it go by without mentioning it...

My birthday was Tuesday the 26th of June.  I worked that day much to Jenna's chagrin.  She didn't understand why I didn't get the day off since it was my "special day".  I tried to explain to her that when you get older, your birthday isn't as special to you...more like just another day.  But Jenna didn't see it like that.

I got off work and had decided I might be able to go to Tuesday night Bible study that night, but I hadn't laid anything out for dinner, so was going to grab some cereal or something and go.

Look what I came home to...
Does this look a little like something you might have seen before? Yes, that's right...my girl made her own table cloth and decorated with the leftover decorations from her birthday.  I mean, how SWEET is that?  She was standing there so proud with my camera waiting for my arrival!
It was so sweet.  There was pizza waiting so I didn't have to have cereal and there were yummy cupcakes with candles.  I love my sweet girl!  There was a bag full of presents she'd picked out herself from the dollar bin at Target.  Steve lovingly got my adoption bracelet fixed.  If you don't know about this very special bracelet, you can find out about it here.
Not sure why the picture won't turn...but you get the point.  I wore this bracelet to China, but on the plane to Chicago, it broke.  I was SO disappointed, I almost cried.  Luckily, it brought in my lap, so I was able to salvage the entire thing, beads, charms and all.  It traveled ON me (in my purse) all over China.  I checked several places to see if I could get it fixed while there, but no one was able to do it.  It has sat in it's plastic baggie and for my birthday I asked for it to be fixed.    And now that it is, I wear it nearly every day.  It reminds me...and I love it.

So all in all, it was a great day!  I got to spend some of it with my family and some of it with my sweet church friends at Bible study.  You can't top that!!

No comments: