6.27.2012

More birthday festivities!

The Friday of Jenna's actual birthday, I had to work.  It stunk, but the timing was pretty off considering I had just gone back to work.  I did take off a few hours early, intending to just come home and spend a few hours with her before her friend/s came to spend the night.

Well, what that turned into was a plan for decorating since Jenna had never really had any decorating done for her birthday.
Steve had taken Jenna to go pick up her friend Gracie who was going to spend the night.  Bless his heart, he had Kylie, Jenna, Gracie and Katie and I was not finished decorating yet, so I had him running all over creation trying to burn time.  But as always, he did it without complaint.  I even had time to go pick up the cake...
and some balloons...
and some birthday flowers...
I even had a few minutes to spare.  I didn't know what to do, so I just waited and watched for the to come down the street.  And finally, they showed up...
And she was indeed surprised.  All my running around and running out of tape etc. was worth it.  So, she went ahead and opened gifts from us...
I love that she wanted 147 Million Orphans shirt.  I hope this is only the beginning of her heart being open to the orphan crisis.

Then, we had her birthday dinner of pizza and the girls played around at home until a couple other friends joined later that evening.  We had bought Jenna something she had wanted for years on her birthday...
A pinata!!!  And yes, it was in the shape of a flip flop and filled with 2 lbs of JUNK!  But the girls loved it because who doesn't love candy and trinkets flying everywhere?
By this time, it was WAY past Kylie's bedtime, so we headed in to do cake real quick so I could put Kylie to bed.
The girls went to bed downstairs and remained quiet enough to not wake Kylie up.  The next morning, we dropped two of them off at home and Jenna, Gracie, Kylie and I met up with our friends, the Millsaps at the rec center pool for a few hours of fun. 

I think over all, Jenna had a great birthday!  She got some nice stuff and she enjoyed it all, but it wasn't tons of stuff like she usually gets.

I'm glad she had a good time and I'm super happy I got to decorate for her.  I am officially the mother of a TWEEN!!!

No comments: