6.26.2012

Jenna Turns 11!

I've been so delinquent in posting, and I'm ashamed of myself that it took me so long to get these pictures up...

The weekend before her birthday, we got together with my family to not only celebrate Jenna's birthday, but also her cousin, Garrett.  They are just 2 weeks apart (he's older) and up until this year, he's always had his party on Memorial Day.  But they are getting to the age where they don't enjoy bounce houses and Chuck E. Cheese.  So we settled for a lunch at Logan's.


Yes, those are 1s on their cake.  They each got one so side by side, they make 11!!  Garrett got a vanilla cake and Jenna got chocolate.  You know, I could stand to have a piece of chocolate cake right now, but I digress...
There they are, blowing out their candles.  Each of them got nice gifts and we always really enjoy being together.  My family doesn't get together as often as we'd like but when we do, it's always a great time.  My sister, niece and families really do try to not go for long without getting together.  And even though they are opposite genders, Garrett and Jenna get along great and they always have.  They run around like chickens with their heads cut off when they are at home together.  At restaurants, they usually talk to each other via text while sitting side by side.  OK, that might be an exaggeration, but not much!!! :)
Here are the birthday kids.  Jenna has grown like a weed this year.  Up until then, they were about the same height.  I can't wait to see how many inches she's grown since last year.

This is Jenna and Aunt Judy.  Judy was married to my brother, David, who you might recall passed away suddenly about 2 years ago.

And of course, this is Nana...
More to come on the birthday festivities....

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Happy Birthday, Jenna!