5.06.2009

Book Review: "Enduring Justice"

I'm going to review this book today, but wanted to give you a few snippets of information first. Thanks for all of your comments and reassurances on Chase going into the Marine Reserves. You have no idea how your thoughts have calmed my nerves. I got a super nice email from an old friend of mine (hi Bill!) who was in the USMC for 10 years. And that email absolutely put my mind at ease. You just never know where God will bring an encouraging word. Now, the new information on this is that Chase's departure date has been moved to May 18. If you are quick, you will realize that's in less than 2 weeks. It was quite a shock for us and I think Chase too, but he is getting ready.

Now I want to quickly share with you something ultra-sweet Steve did for me today. If you are in the middle Tennessee area, you probably know it has rained for what seems like 2 weeks straight. Somewhere in the midst of this, Steve lost one of our good umbrellas (or misplaced it). This past Sunday, we took the umbrella from my van to use at church. This morning, after Steve had already left, I realized that I had NO umbrella and there was none that I could find lying around the house. I had to drop JG off at school, run to work and get a notebook and then go to an off-site meeting. All that in and out, I had NO umbrella and it was pouring down rain. I called Steve mostly to complain about the fact that he had the umbrella and I didn't. He offered to pull off the road and meet me somewhere, but I really wanted to just complain about it. (Just confessing my heart here!) Anyway, as I pulled into school to drop JG off, I noticed a suspiciously familiar truck parked in the drive. It was Steve, waiting on me to give me back my umbrella! Now...is that not the sweetest thing you have ever heard!?!? Uh-huh. Me too. I just had to share. I dare you to top that!

OK, onto the book review....

"Enduring Justice" is the first fiction book I've reviewed here. But I really am more of a fiction reader, so I was looking forward to this one. It's written by an author I wasn't familiar with-Amy Wallace- but I can tell you, I'll be reading more of her stuff. The book is full of story-lines and such an easy read. The chapters are short which means you can read a lot in one sitting and it feels like you are making progress. I literally started reading this book on Friday night and finished last night. And there were parts where I literally sobbed because I totally related to the characters in the book. It's one that you don't want to miss. Here's a little about "Enduring Justice"...

"In Enduring Justice, Hanna Kessler’s childhood secret has remained buried for over two decades. But when the dark shadows of her past threaten to destroy those she loves, Hanna must face the summer that changed her life and the man who still haunts her thoughts.

Crimes Against Children FBI Agent, Michael Parker knows what it means to get knocked down. And when the system fails and a white supremacist is set free, Michael’s drive for retribution eclipses all else.

A racist’s well-planned assault forces Hanna and Michael to decide between executing vengeance and pursuing justice. When the attack turns personal, is healing still possible?

This thought-provoking novel deals with healing from sexual abuse, the balance of justice and mercy, and maintaining mixed-race friendships in the midst of racial tension. Readers who enjoy investigative thrillers by Dee Henderson, Colleen Coble, and Catherine Coulter, and who watch crime dramas like Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, and Without a Trace will love this book—and the entire series."

And by the way, here's my plug for Dee Henderson if you haven't read her....absolutely fabulous especially her O'Malley series. Probably why I liked Amy Wallace's writing!

So if you want to read this book, I have 2 to give away for free. As always, leave me a comment on this post or email me directly at sandras_junk@charter.net and let me know you want to be entered into the drawing. I'll draw Sunday, May 10 and select a Mother's Day winner! If you live out of town, you are still eligible...I'll ship the book to you if you win at MY COST. And to those lurkers who don't know me personally but have linked to me through other blogs, you can enter too! All are welcome!

2 comments:

The Millsaps said...

I'm interested!!!

Christy said...

That sounds awesome! I love Dee Henderson, and have been searching for something else to read lately. BTW, "I Do Again" was great! Tony is reading it now and is really enjoying it as well. Gives you a lot of things to think about, even in a good marriage!