1.01.2009

Happy New Year!!!

Happy 2009!!!

Just a few quick things as it's nearly 12:30 am and I'm definitely ready for bed.

Mary is doing well. Her spirits are WAY high, considering. I saw her yesterday and outside of being in a hospital bed, you'd never know anything was wrong with her. She did have terrible headaches today and they are trying to manage the pain.

Today, was a milestone for me in a couple ways. First, I finished reading my chronological Bible which means in my 34 1/2 years of life, I have read the Bible through 2 times in a row. I'm ashamed to say that I've only done it twice, but I'm proud to say that I did it this year and plan to start over again tomorrow (or today, actually!)

Another milestone for me was that today, I signed up to participate in my first ever marathon. I'm going to be walking that Music City (1/2) Marathon! I have always wished I could do it, but never really got serious about it. HCA is paying a huge portion of the entry fee and getting TEAM HCA together. There are several people from my department doing it, so I'm going to do it too. I'm pretty excited and I am determined to train, start and finish.

Tonight, we spent New Year's Eve with the Millsaps for the second year in a row. I think this night might be my favorite because we eat, sit around and play games and laugh ourselves silly! I bought Guitar Hero (thanks for the recommendation Nancy and Chase!) this afternoon and we played that until just 3 or 4 minutes until 2009. How fun!

Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow should be a relaxing day.

I was hoping 2009 would be better than 2008 but it doesn't look like that is going to be true. Perhaps the second half of 2009 will be better. But the first day's been OK so far! :)

No comments: