1.08.2009

Anyone out there?

I'm pretty sure no one out there in blog-land is awake at this hour. But I'm feeling the need to blog. We were just awakened by a call...not THE call, but the call that preceeds THE call.

Steve's mom is not doing well and they've called the family together. Which posed the question to us of what to do? "They" (who is "they" anyway...hopsice?) say she's got maybe 24 hours. Maybe a little more or a little less. So, what do you do? I have a 7 year old asleep in the next bedroom. I'm torn because I feel I need to be with my husband at this time, but do I put my child through this agony of waiting?????

We took a few minutes to mull over our options. I could call my family friend, Rachel and ask her to watch Jenna for the rest of the night, but then the burden falls on her and her family to care for Jenna, whether that be going to school in the morning etc. Not to mention waking them up at the crack of dawn...not even dawn really...

Anyway, we decided that since it didn't seem absolutely imminent (within the next hour or two) that Steve would go alone. When the morning comes, I will get Jenna to school and then go be with the family. But even this does not seem right. I feel I should be with the family during these dark hours. I need to be with my soul mate. But here I am...torn between being a mother and a wife. I just pray that I can get there in time in the morning...

I will keep you all posted and know, beyond what any words can adequately express, that I appreciate your prayers for us right now.

4 comments:

clg0513 said...

My heart breaks for you and Steve this morning. Just know if you need anything to give me a call! I'll be praying for the entire family!

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying.

Stacey said...

Do what feels the most right. My heart goes out to you and the whole family. How you explain all this to Jenna depends on her maturity level. What a hard task. Please know lots of people out there are praying for you and are mentally "holding your hand and giving you hugs" even if they can't be there in person.

The Lamberts said...

Praying for you guys, Sandra.